BulletProof Turmeric Golden Milk Latte
You know turmeric, the cure-all spice, but not sure how to use it or stomach the taste? Try this turmeric golden milk latte and you might just find yourself getting more anti-inflammatory benefits than you ever thought possible!
Well, I like to think of this one as a mix between BulletProof Coffee and Golden Milk-- so why not just compile all that into one title! There's no coffee like bulletproof (sad face, will make one with soon!), but theres coconut oil. There's tons of anti-inflammatory, healing turmeric (mmmmm) along with other ingredients to bring you an aromatic, frothy, fall-esque warm drink.
Thoughts on turmeric? We've all heard of turmeric by now...that pungent, bitter, extremely bright golden spice... Its in fact one of the healthiest, most nutrient dense and healing spices there is. No wonder its been used for centuries in TCM and other forms of Eastern healing. Classic, the West is behind again. But, we're redeeming ourselves as turmeric is gaining popularity in all types of health and wellness practices. Its used in cooking (traditionally curries), tonics, and now LATTES. #blessed.
So today I experimented around with some of my favorite flavors and healthy ingredients to bring you a bulletproof turmeric latte. Unclear if it will ever replace a true latte in popularity, but it sure does by a landslide in health and cleanliness. So, here's what I found to be the BEST turmeric golden milk latte recipe:
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (or any milk of choice.. almond, hazelnut, etc.)
- 1/2 Tsp. Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 Tsp. Raw Honey
- 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp. Coconut oil, ghee, or MCT oil
- Put milk, spices, honey in a small saucepan and heat on low. Stir until the turmeric is incorporated well and has turned the milk a golden color.
- Add in the coconut oil.
- Let simmer until the oil and spices are fully incorporated. Take off heat.
- Blend the mixture in a blender (make sure not too hot!) until a froth has formed when you stop the blender.
- Pour into a fun cup -or glass when you have to photograph it like me-- and enjoy!
Let me know what you think about this one, and thoughts on turmeric?! Can you handle the taste to enjoy the benefits?